Friday, November 21, 2014

Five for Friday

 I'm excited to be linking up for my second ever five for Friday!
 In past years I really never enjoyed the thematic activities for Thanksgiving. I don't know why... just never really loved it. But now I totally do! This week my kiddos had so much fun competing in STEM challenges. They made teepees, Thanksgiving tables and the Mayflower!




 Being from the south I am not a fan of cold weather, but it was nice to use our new wood stove in our new house! It made things nice and cozy!
The cold weather totally got me into the Christmas mood, so I went ahead and put up a tree in the kitchen! If you don't believe in decorating before Thanksgiving you better close your eyes!!!
Yes... I'm going overboard with the new house. I can't wait to get up the real tree in the living room! 

 Okay... back to school stuff! I'm so in love with STEM challenges right now. So much that I spent the last month making all kinds of fun Christmas STEM challenges. I can't wait for December!

We had a special visitor in the Hilley house recently. Buster the Bunny from my son's pre k class came to visit. It was too cold to have too much fun with Buster outside, but he had plenty of indoor fun!



Well... I really don't have anything exciting for number 5. Except this really cute picture of baby boy on his pony, Porkchop! I'm not sure I can handle much more cuteness than this!





2 comments:

  1. It does NOT get any cuter than your #5. I haven't done any Christmas decorating, but I'm looking forward to it. We do a fake tree so we can keep it up from around now until New Year's. Your Mayflower challenge looks like such a cool activity. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teepee challenge is a great activity but I would encourage you to not use it with Thanksgiving as those Natives associated with Thanksgiving were certainly not living in a teepee.

    ReplyDelete